Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jotter
    Participant

Test Connection fails in versions 3.1.7 and 3.1.8. No output is produced on screen, nor in the server PHP error log nor MooWoodle log (with logging set to on). I’ve not carried out any further testing and have reverted back to v 3.1.6 where all functionality (including Test Connection) appears to work.

dualcube
    Keymaster

@jotter, sorry to hear that you have faced this issue.

The test connection is working fine on our end : https://prnt.sc/B6XSkUe7m8jv

Can you please create a staging site and share a temporary admin, ftp access so we can check.
    While sharing the access, don’t forget to mark the response as private.

jotter
    Participant

I’m sorry but I can’t give you access to any of our sites. I will, however, do some further debugging to narrow down/identify the problem and report back here.

jotter
    Participant

Well … resolved now and it appears to have been a caching issue.

Despite trying to clear cache and re-inistalling the plugin (several times) it appears that one or more of the plugin files were not re-loaded. After I manually edited class-moowoodle-testconnection.php (to add another log record) the Test Connection facility started working so I am assuming that the file change forced a full/proper cache refresh. Something other developers might want to be aware of.

jotter
    Participant

Actually … had the same problem on our production site. I needed to force MooWoodle to write to the log by calling MW_log for a first time (by adding a call to MW_log at the top of function moowoodle_moodle_test_connection_callback) and then everything worked. Very weird.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.